4 Tips to help Select the Best Title Company
When buying real estate at the Lake of the Ozarks, you'll typically have your choice of title company to handle your transaction. They will play an integral role in your closing process, so ensuring that you select the best one is important. At Arrowhead Title, we strive to provide the best title services at the Lake of the Ozarks, and are considered to be one of the best. In this week's blog, we're going to be discussing a few tips that will help your decision making process when choosing a title company. Read on to learn more!
- Conducting a title search to make sure your title is free and clear prior to transfer
- Issuing a title policy to protect your right to use and occupy your land
- Preparing the title and deed
- Facilitating the final transaction to ensure that all debts are paid and that the remaining funds are distributed to the appropriate parties
- Holding your earnest money check in escrow
3. What Will You Do If You Find An Issue With The Title?
Every penny of a real estate transaction, no matter how big or small, will pass through the title company before it is distributed to the appropriate parties. Handling hundreds of thousands (or sometimes even millions) of dollars is a big responsibility. You'll want to be confident that your chosen title company is honest, reputable, integrous, and reliable. A reputable title company will be happy to discuss their methods for handling the funds involved in your transaction.